The Bergexpander is a quick, safe and versatile suspension hook. It consists of a steel bar with an open forged hook in one end and an expander body of plastics in the other. Installation is quick and easy.
When you turn clockwise, two cones force the body to expand. The expansion takes place evenly along the entire length of the body, guaranteeing optimal surface contact.
The expander is easy to remove, even after being installed for many years. The bar is turned a few turns anti-clockwise and then pressed in towards the expander body. The hook can then be easily drawn out and is immediately ready to be reused.
The Bergexpander is used in mines, tunnels, underground cavities and similar areas where a reliable attachment is needed. The expander body is available in different diameters adapted the actual drill diameters used in the mining industry. As mentioned the application area is wide, i.e. the Bergexpander can be fixed to ceilings of rock, concrete or bricks.
INSTALLATION AND CHECKS
- Drill a hole of diameter according to the table.
- Push the Bergexpander to the drilled hole.
- Turn the hook clock wise until the Bergexpander has got a firm grip in the hole. Warning! Excessive turning force might destroy the expander.
- Check by applying test load that the Bergexpander has got a firm grip. Please find the values for the maximum load in the table.
- Check continuously the hooks for damage and overloads. Bergexpander AB is not able to guarantee the stated maximum loads in the table as the conditions of the drilled hole is unknown to us.
Total length, mm
Recommended diameter of the drill, mm
Maximum load, kg
El-Supply AB has acquired Bergexpander AB please check www.el-supply.se for more information and your new contacts.
Copyright 2015 Bergexpander, alla rättigheter reserverade.